At the 2018 Philadelphia Student Government Training Conference, you’ll improve your SG and network with peers while experiencing the history and charm of “The City of Brotherly Love.”
In your free time, snap photos next to the Liberty Bell or by Independence Hall, where colonial leaders adopted Thomas Jefferson’s Declaration of Independence. If you’re hungry, try an “authentic” cheesesteak from Pat’s or Geno’s or stroll through the Reading Terminal Market to sample everything from hoagies and water ice to Asian fare and fresh pretzels made by Amish bakers. If you’re a bargain hunter, take advantage of tax-free shopping at some of the nation’s largest retail centers. In the evening, check out Philly’s vibrant nightlife, with venues ranging from local sports bars to trendy clubs and lounges.
Any SG leader from any school, no matter what state you’re from, is welcome to attend!
The 2018 Philadelphia Student Government Training Conference features:
- New location in 2018! Moore College of Art & Design is in the heart of Philadelphia. You can walk to lots of restaurants and sightseeing.
- New hotel in 2018! Walk two blocks to the conference location. The hotel has a free made-to-order hot breakfast!
- More than 20 intensive workshops and roundtables designed to address the specific needs of your Student Government
- Workshops for all levels of Student Governments: very evolved and strong SG, new SGs just starting out, and SGs trying to improve
- Experienced and knowledgeable speakers from across the nation, all of whom are former SG leaders/advisors themselves
- Workshops and presentations that directly apply to SG advisors and administrators
- Private consulting by appointment
- Extra built-in time to network and brainstorm with other SG leaders and advisors attending the conference
- Plenty of free-time to experience all that the the “City of Brotherly Love” has to offer
- Personal attention from the ASGA’s passionate and personable presenters who have devoted their lives to serving and supporting collegiate Student Governments
- Free phone and mobile device charging (courtesy of theoomf.com)
What is the date?
The conference will be held on Saturday, March 24, 2018.
What is the conference location?
The conference is being held at Moore College of Art & Design, 1916 Race Street, Philadelphia, PA 19103.
Text ASGA at conference ONLY: 352-258-4604
Where is the conference hotel?
The official conference hotel is the Embassy Suites by Hilton Philadelphia Center City, 1776 Benjamin Franklin Parkway, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, 19103. The hotel phone is 215-561-1776.
What is the cost?
As low as $219 per person for ASGA members ($100 off!) and $319 for non-members (Register & pay by December 29, 2017 for these Super Early Bird rates). The earlier you Register, the lower the cost! Register six or more and save.
Download the Money Saving Tips flier
What will be the total attendance?
The Philadelphia Student Government Training Conference is one of the largest Student Government conferences in America each year. Last year, more than 200 student leaders and advisors from 30 institutions in 15 states attended.
What’s included in the registration fee?
- Admission to all workshops, roundtables, and presentations
- Extensive hand-outs
- Free lunch: A boxed lunch on Saturday (choice of sandwich, chips, fruit, cookie, drink)
- Free breakfast: A light continental breakfast on Saturday (coffee/tea, juice, and a selection of bagels, muffins, and fruit)
- Free private consulting on Sunday morning (one-hour blocks valued at $499 are very limited, so sign up early)
- An “ASGA Conferences Rock!” T-shirt for each delegate from CampusTshirt.com (valued at $15 each)
- Philadelphia Student Government Training Conference folder, ASGA notepad, ASGA pen
- A 10% discount on ASGA membership for non-members who join within 10 days of the conference
- Discounts on ASGA Store items (leadership books, DVDs, CDs, and more) purchased at the conference
- 35% discount on on-campus SG consultations booked at the conference
- Excellent personal service and attention from the ASGA team